marque

*** Chào mừng bạn đang ghé thăm trang web An Phong An Bình***

Thứ Sáu, 4 tháng 8, 2017

Letter to my children on the Mother’s day 2017



Tri Pham

To my children,

Your dad and I love you unconditionally, simply because you are our children.


“We raise you with our hearts and minds, hoping to make you the perfect gems”. As you grow older, our lives become more shortened. No matter how old you are, you will always remain our little children, who need love and protection. Life is impermanent. But I could not avoid feeling pain when I think of the day when I will no longer be with you, and you continue on .
In your youth, the sky is the limit. Like eagles, you want to challenge the wind, to fly high and fly far, to find bright lights in your future. In your youth, you want to reach for the moon with all dreams and wishes. I just watch and pray for you.

Life is not always rosy; the road you travel is not always covered with red carpets. Happiness comes from within, not given to you by anyone. Through failures, you will appreciate the meaning of success. After tears, you will appreciate the meaning of smiles.


In many nights, I watched your dad deep in his sleep, noticing his hair turned more and more white, his snoring louder and louder and his wrinkles more and more noticeable. Then I softly walked into the bedrooms where you used to sleep. The furniture in the room and all the things you left behind reminded me of the days you lived here, like a movie clip that moves in slow motion.

Since the days you moved out, we have carefully kept everything the way they were, from photos, diplomas to souvenirs and memorable items. We thanked God for the best gift ever: our three lovely kids with bright eyes and angel smiles. I always remember the daily stories about your school, and your friend stories that you used to tell us at the dining table, every evening. You guys love each other, care for each other and helped each other with home work. There were times that your dad and I encountered misfortunes in life; but it was you who helped us to get up and run. To us, you were young chicks that need to be fed and no one else could love you more than us.


Then, you guys took turn to grow up, with graduation and with your own families. Your dad and I also took turn to retire. We helped baby sit your kids; their smiles, their chatter reminded us of your own smiles and chatter..

Now, you are all grown up but to be honest, I don’t think I fully understand each of you. I simply wish your lives will be smooth and peaceful. Your happiness is doubled in our hearts; your unhappiness becomes a thousand folds more in our minds.

Tonight, I thought of you and the days when we just arrived in Canada. Back then, you were just like babies but it was you who gave us strength and belief that we all could survive and succeed later. My last messages to you:

• Keep on walking, regardless whether or not the road is smooth;
• Love your family; together, you all will be strong and successful,
• Love yourself and love others.

Somebody once wrote: “Life is not always perfect; don’t always expect perfection to suffer non-satisfaction. Accept life as is”.


Tri Pham